Friday, 10 October 2014

Fear of Lizards!!


This post might help those who are scared of lizards.

i myself am one of them, i have a big phobia of them, i no they dont bite, but if i see one in my house i freak out and cant even be near or in the same room where it is. Whats more strange is i have a big bearded dragon and that does not even bother me at all. but a regular outside lizard drives me nuts.
i myself am one of them, i have a big phobia of them, i no they dont bite, but if i see one in my house i freak out and cant even be near or in the same room where it is. Whats more strange is i have a big bearded dragon and that does not even bother me at all. but a regular outside lizard drives me nuts.
To be frank I am one of them, I have a big phobia of lizards, I know they do not bite, but if I see them in my house I freak out.

A phobia is an intense fear of something that, in reality, poses little or no actual danger. Your brain sees something that it's slightly afraid of, and then it panics..
Understanding your phobia is the first step to overcoming it. It’s important to know that phobias are common. Having a phobia doesn’t mean you’re crazy! It also helps to know that phobias are highly treatable. You can overcome your anxiety and fear, no matter how out of control it feels.

What can be done to overcome this phobia?

·         First you have to tell yourself to calm down when you see a lizard. 

      If you can get into a room with a lizard and not panic then you are making progress. Tell yourself that lizards don't harm you.

·         It can take time but you just need to tell yourself the lizard is no threat to you, your brain has been conditioned to fear lizards and now it needs to be to relax. 
S  
      Now this is something interesting. Staring at this picture for few seconds might also help




Do let me know what you do to overcome this fear or such fears?

No comments:

Post a Comment