First Impression !!

                                                   
Have you ever witnessed situations where unfair judgments are passed based merely on someone's gender, ethnicity, caste, or even their dietary choices?

Reflect on the moment you encountered your closest companions. Do you recall their introductory words or the initial thoughts that crossed your mind upon meeting them?

There's a popular saying: "First impressions are lasting impressions." However, I often question the validity of this statement, as it contradicts my personal experiences. It's curious how individuals we initially perceive negatively can later become integral to our lives.


On my first day of the pre-university program, everything felt new – new teachers, new classrooms, and new classmates. During a break, I walked to the cafeteria with some friends and saw a group of four girls laughing. I smiled at them, and three of them smiled back, but one girl seemed distant. I felt a bit disappointed and questioned why I expected a smile from her.

As the day went on, I couldn't shake off the curiosity about the girl who didn't smile. In my thoughts, I nicknamed her "Miss Attitude" and wondered why she seemed a bit distant

That evening, by chance, I ended up sharing a ride home in the college van with the same group of four girls. When I introduced myself,, all of them, including the one I had thought of as "Miss Attitude," warmly welcomed me. Surprisingly, she engaged in conversation with me more than the others. A part of me was curious about her morning behavior, but I chose not to inquire.

Our friendship blossomed from that day, and she became one of my dearest friends, yet the mystery of our first encounter remains unexplored to this day.

The experiences we encounter, such as the one I shared with you, serve as reminders that initial impressions aren't always etched in stone. It's the unfolding chapters that reveal the true essence of relationships and people.


                                                                              

Comments

  1. First impressions are not always the last impressions....you have proved this with your blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment